NEWSLETTER NO. 13 MONDAY 28 MAY 2018
Thank you to all the families who donated fruits and vegetables for our Shavuot service. B.S. Leon and our workers were delighted with the donations. Grade Five did a lovely play of scenes from the Book of Ruth.
Thank you also to everyone who has donated to this worthy cause. It is possible we are in for a cold winter so it is good to know that we have helped in some small way. We will be collecting until 22nd June.
Please remember to contact your class liaison with general queries. Please contact the relevant teacher/coach if you have a specific query.
GRADE NUMBER PARENT LIAISON CHILD’S NAME
1 0772354112 Carol Muchatuta Neela Muchatuta
2 0771682494 Robyn Guy Teagan Sutton
3 0773597933 Jen Wells Declan Brickhill
4 0773725999 Kirsty Dick Kaylynn Dick
5 0774502607 Tanya Adam Kamran Adam
6 0772366704 Roselyn Nyatsanza Kundai Nyatsanza
7 0772238359 Cynthia Ushewokunze Ryan Ushewokunze
PARENTAL TRANSPORT FOR MATCHES
The school appreciates the parents’/guardians’ help with transport and is trying to establish a more efficient system so that help is not wasted.
Please note that Mrs Fiona Mills will be talking to the children on Tuesday 12th June about internet safety and bullying. She will then discuss this with our parents/guardians on Wednesday 20th June from 6.00 pm.
Having just celebrated Africa Day please note we will be having a Shona Day on Friday 1st June at 11.45 am. The children should come dressed accordingly and different classes will perform activities. Mr E Mabasa will also tell Shona Stories.
THE PETER FAMILY
We wish Mrs Diana Peter, our bursar, a speedy recovery from her operation on 7th June. Thanks to Mr Guido Peter for fixing the staff kettle.
P.A. SHARON SCHOOL GOLF DAY
Please remember this exciting event on Sunday 1st July at Borrowdale Brooke Golf Course. Please send the names of the four players of your team to the committee. Prizes for the players and the auction are most welcome. The more the merrier!
We will be looking into a Mathematics Remedial program. However, if you have any worthwhile sites please let me know. Thank you to the parents/guardians for sharing these worthwhile sites.
- com has a lot of fun learning games for grades 1-5 – some we have found particularly engaging and helpful:
- English – Parts of Speech Quest is a fun way to revise core grammar concepts: http://www.abcya.com/parts_of_speech_quest.htm
- Computers – input and output devices: http://www.abcya.com/input_output.htm
- Computers – hardware: http://www.abcya.com/computer_vocabulary.htm
- Spelling: http://www.abcya.com/spelling_practice.htm
- Bonds & Tables: http://www.abcya.com/jet_ski_addition.htm, http://www.abcya.com/marble_drop_addition.htm and http://www.abcya.com/clear_it_multiplication.htm
- Home spelling words: https://www.homespellingwords.com – parents can upload the week’s spelling list and children can use it for practice (it says and shows the word which then disappears and they have to type it correctly) and testing themselves (it says the words without showing them and they get a mark out of 20 and corrections at the end)
- Dance Mat Typing: https://www.dancemattypingguide.com/ – typing tutorials and practice
A.T.S. HEADS’ CONFERENCE
Please note that I will be away from Monday 4th June to Friday 8th June. Mrs McCormick will be acting head in my absence.
COLLECTION OF CHILDREN
Please remember that children not doing clubs should be collected by 4.00 pm. Clubs finish at 4.30 pm. All children should be collected by 5.15 pm at the latest. Please make sure your child knows your contact number or write it in the pocket of his/her bag so that we can get hold of you should the need arise.
This is open every Wednesday from 12.00 noon to 1.00 pm. Should you have any queries please contact Robyn Weare on +263774073186 email@example.com
A reminder of the website which can be accessed on www.sharonschool.org. You can view information and up-dated photos of your children and school life.
Mrs S P Ellis